About Me

My photo
King was born in Uganda and raised as a Canadian. He studied and graduated the animation program at sheridan college and furthered his knowledge into game and 3D artistry.

Content

Superman StoryBoard Leica



So I needed to relearn After Effects for an up and coming project and decided what better way than to cut together a leica for those superman boards I conceived a few months back. I can safely say I've gotten the dude out of my system at this point. The most frustrating part was trying to build and edit everything together all while my workstation would crash when I hit save.

But hey, it all worked out in the end and more importantly I'm proud of my work.

SUPERMAN: Gravity from King Mugabi on Vimeo.


It's quite the joy to finally see this plotting in motion. It's always stronger to convey your vision when you can control how long your audience views each panel/frame. Pacing really becomes apparent when you have a leica over 5 minutes, it really forces you to be away of scene that drag. Replay value goes down the longer the story so you try and fill it with interesting visual situations.


My favorite parts were the scenes I fully developed in real time. Mainly the car rescue. It's always cool playing with super speed and geography. When you do it in lieca form it really helps you convey your ideas...in "real time."
I've never been good with plotting hand to hand fights, and I don't do much to disprove that theory here.




What I really like about this piece is that within the span of 10mins(I know ridiculous), we cover some nice corner stones in typical superman narrative. The Kid stuff, the Lois stuff, the Lex stuff, some attempt at Humor and a few power displays. I also always love playing with traditional narrative; this is the story of a teen remembering when he was a kid having a vision of his future..or something pretentious along those lines.
 

I'm done with Superman for now, well till the movie comes out anyway. 
-King

2 comments:

Sam Amanfi at: June 27, 2011 at 12:35 p.m. said...

Your boards for this is on point, and by on point I mean really well organized shots.

I'd like to c where u take ur crazy samurai..sounds cool.

King Marvin Mugabi at: July 6, 2011 at 5:19 p.m. said...

Thanks Sam.
Can't wait to see what you come up with for your film next year.

Search

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Popular Posts

Contact Me

marvin_mugabi@hotmail.com

Followers