About Me

My photo
King was born in Uganda and raised as a Canadian. He studied and graduated the animation program at sheridan college and furthered his knowledge into game and 3D artistry.

Content

Wolverine Painting





A description of the image goes here.
I woke up the other morning and felt the urge to paint a comic book character. Being an avid collector and reader one might find it strange that I don't really ever draw comic book related stuff. There was that Hellboy pastel but that was a film assignment and a fun one at that, also there was that black Siderman. Before I choose Logan I decided that I didn't want to do any costumes, I find costumes sometimes take away from what's interesting about a character (sometimes the costume is the only saving grace). With Wolverine it's the former. 
A description of the image goes here.



cool thumbnail to sooth my obsession

What makes this painting appealing to me is the elfish characterization. When I think of the kinda man that logan is, my thoughts gravitate towards that southern American skinny legged, beer gutted, propane selling, King of The Hill mans man. Only Canadian. He's always down for repping where he's from. And he's covered in battle damage. He's 5'3, weighs about 300 lbs and hasn't touched a comb in years. That's my Wolverine. Hate it or love it...just like his personality, he wouldn't want it any other way.

A description of the image goes here.
A description of the image goes here.




It's amazing what one really needs to capture the iconography of a comicbook character. In wolverine's case it's either the hair or the claws for the most part. So with the white shirt one focuses on the hair and with the black one focuses on the claws.

-King

0 comments:

Search

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Popular Posts

Contact Me

marvin_mugabi@hotmail.com

Followers