About Me

My photo
King was born in Uganda and raised as a Canadian. He studied and graduated the animation program at sheridan college and furthered his knowledge into game and 3D artistry.

Content

3D anim assignment dump


A couple of 3Ds Max animation assignments I'm finally getting around to posting now that I'd have some time to fiddle with them. Game design is wonderfully hard and filled with many different avenues, yet I find myself most at enjoying the animation aspects. Sadly, that means it will receive the least of my time from now on. At any rate here are two of our early assignments I managed to collect. The first being the rudimentary ball and tail exercise, somehow i manged to twist it into a superman themed scene.




The concept is simple enough, Superman is all about the phone booths and he's also all about leaping "tall buildings" in a single bound. Animating a character without any sort of rig is a rare opportunity I think. I did what I could.


 The second, a rigging assignment layered onto a modeling assignment from another class topped with animation. Modeled a shark from scratch(no teeth), built the bone system from scratch, skinned the mesh to the bones then animated. Every problem I could have encountered I did. Curse those orient constraints. For the final comp I grabbed the layout from the super-ball assignment and tossed the whole thing under the sea to the tune of Donkey Kong Country(Game Design).



I'll be sure to post more of these visually accessible assignments when I can.
-King
 

0 comments:

Search

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Popular Posts

Contact Me

marvin_mugabi@hotmail.com

Followers