About Me

My photo
King was born in Uganda and raised as a Canadian. He studied and graduated the animation program at sheridan college and furthered his knowledge into game and 3D artistry.

Content

Pirates



I Gave the Pirates of the Caribbean films a second viewing recently. In turn I was inspired to whip up a few sketches.

Personally I don't get what the deal is with the films. It seems like the first one was a pretty entertaining film that the public was told to go crazy over(this happens often these days and no one want's to be left out). The second two films somewhat loose the magic, but when does that not happen. They loose the magic and the scripting isn't as tied down as the first, so the zeitgeist was of course reversed and everyone felt the need to hate them, some in order to fit in. Myself personally I think they're is too much hyperbole surrounding the saga. However I do think the director, Gore Verbinski is violently talented. As far as my take on the medium, this director is pretty much making live action animation. His film Mouse Hunt plays out like a pixar storyboard complete with powerhouse character actors and depth filled imagery. His take on The Ring is made only more powerful by his vivid use of visuals and atmosphere. His Pirates of the Caribbean series has some of the most beautifully rendered imagery and scope of the past decade, it's like he's a mad genius of set design.. The former compositor is made talented and johnny Depp owes much of his career resurgence to him(yes I said it). I've yet to see Rango, but I'm almost certain it's something special. In another reality he's the Tim Burton of industry, which explains his connection with Depp all the more. Burton being one of the other live action animators.

Anyways here are some of the board like sketches I conjured whilst watching the films. They're hardly special or inspired by this series, in fact you would think after my rant that they would be ultra relevant and inventive...nah.

-King

0 comments:

Search

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Popular Posts

Contact Me

marvin_mugabi@hotmail.com

Followers