About Me

My photo
King was born in Uganda and raised as a Canadian. He studied and graduated the animation program at sheridan college and furthered his knowledge into game and 3D artistry.

Content

Home Town


A description of the image goes here.

I was born in Uganda, I'm east African, not so much "black."

Style wise, to me Africa is, Expressive, Organic and Earthy
hopefully this shines comes through in my work.

This is some of my first real cultural work as far as my own roots, I look to do more, especially if I end up making the film about Africa. The bird, this time less mythical is the national symbol of Uganda, the Crested crane.


If it wasn't going to be a gift i would have added more of an illustrative style but the person intended would more than likely be pleased with a more traditional take on the icon.
I did manage to capture a similar profile as the flag, plus the colours are still present.
The eye structure of the crane is one where the lids close horizontally. They also have a puff of afro hair which adds strong character.

I was going to add some sort of expression ie, tears or pride but that I found that would either show too much weakness towards my country or too much hubris.

The colour pattern on the face beckons me to apply it to human in a later portrait...look out for it.
This will probably be the last of my pastel work done in this style, I look forward to the new year and the new approach I've been working on.

Peace

0 comments:

Search

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Popular Posts

Contact Me

marvin_mugabi@hotmail.com

Followers